Data Science Engineer
SessionM is looking to add a talented Data Science Engineer to support the continued growth of our AI and Data Science team. The ideal candidate will be highly experienced in Spark (Python and/or Scala), SQL and data engineering, and have work experience building, deploying and scheduling Spark and Python jobs and applications.
- Build, deploy and automate large-scale machine learning algorithms (classification, regression, recommender systems) using Apache Spark and/or other big data technologies.
- Automate the production of necessary reports and analyses for customers.
- Develop programs and processes to access and transform large volumes of data from internal and external systems in a manner suitable for analysis.
- Research new data sources, analytical tools, and methodologies; contribute to new product development, operational delivery.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing requests and demand for insights.
- High proficiency in Spark, Python and Scala.
- Highly experienced in AWS (EMR and lambda), SQL ,Hive the Linux command line.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Knowledge of machine learning.
- Preferred degree in computer science, machine learning, statistics, or similar quantitative field. Advanced degree (M.Sc/Ph.D.) is a plus.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
Comp & Benefits
- Competitive comp based on experience level.
- Healthcare HMO & PPO.
- Stock options and 401k.
- Flexible Spending and Transit Reimbursement Accounts.