Office Tour Photos
Data Science Analyst, Merchandising
Who We Are:
The Data Science Analyst position is part of our Data Science department, more specifically our Merchandising Analytics team. The Merchandising team is responsible for the creation and maintenance of our product catalogs. We add tens of thousands of new products each month, both for limited-time events and for ongoing product selection. We also continually improve the catalog fixing issues and increasing the content to improve customer experience in a joint effort with our suppliers. Our goal is to provide inspirational and engaging content to drive customer engagement and increase conversion. We also understand where the customer is shopping on site where they are most / least engaged through the funnel, and we create customized landing pages based on an analytical approach, supported by new merchandising tools.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with leaders of functional areas to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Comprehend, extract, and massage information from multi-terabyte data sources including sales, clickstream, logistics, product, and customer databases to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Design and build solutions to empower stakeholders across Wayfair to self-serve analytical needs.
- Develop strategy for priority initiatives and lead implementation to drive results
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing within a business unit to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and consumer behavior.
- Utilize web analytic tools to analyze and optimize performance
What You'll Need:
- Experience with Excel; coursework or experience with SQL or other structured programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, C, Tableau) is a plus.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems as well as a desire to make processes better.
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, or other quantitative discipline field
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Enthusiastic, with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From