Tech at Liberty Mutual
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
You would be hard-pressed to hear leadership speak about the future of our company without mentioning the integral role that data plays in its current and future success. The Data Office is offering a chance to partner with some of the most influential and talented people who are modernizing our data landscape.
About the Role:
Data Product Owners play a critical role in Liberty Global Retail Markets data transformation. GRM is the largest business unit within Liberty Mutual and data is one of its top priorities. Our Product Owners articulate and translate the strategic vision, developing data products that enable Data Provisioning, Data Science and expansion of the Data Lake. The selected candidate will implement programs that enable the business to make faster and more accurate decisions measured by KPIs and will also be responsible for staying close to our analytics strategy to ensure any new data product meets the evolving needs of the organization through continual innovation, evaluation, and implementation.
This candidate should be able to work independently and will be empowered with decision-making authority on assignments reflecting the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. The candidate will be charged with leading a squad of IT developers focused on executing towards a vision and will be responsible for prioritizing the squads work, executing cleanly, and communicating clearly to stakeholders. S/he will be expected to have a command of the technical products and data flows as well as how they need to meet the needs of our analytics community. This role also requires the candidate to have general business domain knowledge and a thorough understanding of data value streams.
- Sets the strategic vision and roadmap for building and maintaining products. Leads the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovations that enable the customer base and community
Understands the discipline and creates a product roadmap for the end to end delivery pipeline and guides the product and development team
- Ability to collect specific customer and stakeholder needs and translate those to capabilities and features for the team to deliver. Clearly articulate value of each use case for prioritization.
- Ability to work and understand Data impacts within and across the product/s keeping to a data first mentality.
- Manages highly complex initiatives and may recommend and implement new or enhanced products (build and buy) to better meet stakeholder or customer needs by leading development of project backlogs and plans, including milestones and dates
- Partners with IT and others to think through proof-of-concept solutions, how they fit in the overall product suite, whether they will be viable, how they will be maintained. Demonstrates ideation and innovation concepts and methodologies.
- Demonstrates a command of the external marketplace including available vendor offerings for specific products
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with Agile processes as a means of providing focus and prioritization for the development team(s).
- Ability to motivate and inspire a squad of IT developers by creating a compelling vision and clearly articulating a path to address various data pain points through new products.
- Expected to be a change agent across the organization. Can communicate effectively across multiple technical units and senior leadership
Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management as typically acquired through a bachelors degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Statistics or related field).
A minimum of 5 years of experience in data engineering, data management, data solutions design, analytics, data product development
Ability to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on the business vision and plan, and the impact of change
Strong working knowledge of SQL and data transformation (ETL/ELT/etc.)
Experience with BI/Analytics/Visualization tools including SAS, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to communicate recommendations to senior business leaders
Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders through strong leadership skills.
Knowledge and experience with at least one of the following: R/Python/Java
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From