Reporting to the Manager of Business Analysis, the Data Integrations Analyst II plays a key role in the design, enablement, enhancement, and management of data integration and data quality in support of the enterprise architecture of Altruista Health’s GuidingCare® application. The Data Integrations Analyst II works closely with customer liaisons and Business Analysts on gathering customer data and information requirements as a key enabler of data transformation and the company’s end-to- end technology solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design mappings (extracting, transforming and loading data) and ETL transformations from a variety of data formats like JSON, XML, BSON, CSV, TXT, HL7 and EDI and structure into enterprise-scale databases
- Work closely with engineering and business stakeholders to understand and gather customer’s data integration requirements
- Perform technical analysis, query databases and data mining
- Analyze, design, optimize and enhance EDI applications in various formats that include HIPAA standard formats such as Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) 278, 834, 837 and other proprietary formats
- Document and maintain the APIs (Application Programming Interface) and help the clients to implement the same.
- Analyze common issues in API calls that include various error codes in 4xx series and business logic validation
- Assist client to set up SSO (Single Sign-On) to login into the GuidingCare© product using a variety of SSO mechanisms like Basic Single Sign-On, OAuth2.0 and Federated Single Sign-On with SAML 2.0
- Design the rules and identify the data attributes for data de-identification and data masking process as part of the loading of the user acceptance testing data set
- Communicate with clients for any issues and/or enhancements associated with data integrations
- Maintain data integration documentation and process flow of all data interfaces
- Provide input into the definition and management of technical project plans
- Support data interface development, testing, integration, and deployment in partnership with Altruista Health’s global, Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Interface teams
- Provide internal and external (client) training relative to Altruista Health’s data integration solutions and operational procedures
- Serve as a mentor to newly hired Altruista Health staff members within the department
- Support the creation of statement of work for data integrations content, as requested, for assigned projects, ensuring scope, deliverables, assumptions, risks and resource needs are clearly defined
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Healthcare Management or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related professional experience with Bachelor’s Degree or 1 year of related professional experience with Master’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with SDLC and Agile methodologies, best practices standards for creating User Stories, Business Requirements Documents, and Change Requests
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve using negotiation and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to use assertiveness when needed in decision-making
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the health care domain including Medicaid, Medicare and Duals, preferably in managed care and/or population health technology solutions
- Knowledge of clinical and provider systems is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with standard HIPAA EDI applications that include EDI 278, 834 and other proprietary formats
- Minimum 1 year of experience using data formats like JSON, XML, BSON, CSV, TXT and EDI and structure into enterprise-scale databases
- Critical judgement
- Analytical thinking
- Problem- solving
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard and extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk.
- Tasks require:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability
- The job may require up to 40% travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment.
This position is based in Reston, VA.
Altruista will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Altruista Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employe