Data Governance Manager
The Analytics Solutions teams mission is to accelerate quality decision making throughout Wayfair. As Wayfair continues its rapid growth, this team is looked upon as the innovators and problem solvers to help scale and facilitate data-driven decision making. The team works closely with analysts, engineers, and leaders to listen and understand overarching needs when it comes to efficiently performing an analysis from data creation to final deliverable.
One of the key areas strategic initiatives is the development of best-in-class Data Governance process. Data Governance is responsible for creating and maintaining quality control by implementing standards around metric definitions, table creation, and data governance tools.
As a Data Governance Manager, you will be responsible for owning the strategy, roadmap and execution of improving the data ecosystem. Our ecosystem spans from data governance, and analytical tools to instituting best practices across all analytical functions and the company. We work in a collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment that encourages innovation by supporting experimentation and creative solutions.
- Identify the most impactful problems to solve, develop innovative solutions, and successfully launch to key stakeholders, ensuring end-user adoption and satisfaction
- Maintain a data product roadmap/vision that will take the product from inception to MVP to polished product and beyond
- Build relationships and evaluate needs across all Wayfair business units from analysts to senior leadership to prioritize short-term and long-term objectives
- Ensure quality of data products, including timeliness, performance, and accuracy by working to prioritize amongst team members, engineering and UX shared-resources
- Be agile in order to quickly iterate on product features and analyze effectiveness
- Work with several large and complex data sources to build products and ensure scalability
- You love data and have a deep background in Data Governance, enterprise BI, advanced analytics, and/or machine learning
- You are a creative problem solver who is interested in working with stakeholders across the organization, across all levels
- 4 + years of analytic experience building and/or managing datasets, analyzing data and creating digestible reporting capabilities
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in economics, finance, business administration, information systems or related field or related field
- Technical software understanding. Exposure working with analytics programming languages such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, R, and/or Python preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic analysis for future-thinking and planning
- Able to react and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment where requirements may change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience