We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Build the possibilities at DraftKings.
As a Data Governance Engineer, youll be a creative contributor and mentor to the DraftKings Data Governance Program. You will help lead the strategy and implementation used to enable our Data Governance and Compliance programs. The job includes working with our Compliance, IT, Engineering, Product Management, Project Management, and Subject Matter Experts. Youll work together to define requirements and business processes as well as integrate data and implement controls to manage and protect our data making sure we meet all global privacy requirements. If this is up your alley then join us.
What youll do as a Data Governance Engineer:
- Design, develop and support scripts, APIs, and other solutions to facilitate integration across tools and data sources.
- Build solutions to serve compliance customers' requests.
- Assist in the integration of Data Governance controls in existing business and technical processes.
- Conduct ongoing review of Data Governance artifacts for necessary controls and technical information.
- Lead and support enterprise metadata identification and cataloging efforts.
- Continually improve the integrity of governance and data through the delivery of validated, accurate sources.
- Support data catalog, data lineage, and other Data Governance efforts.
What skills you will use:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Data Engineering, or a related field.
- 3 years of professional experience in software programming, software development, data engineering, or a related role.
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle (SDLC) and change management.
- Development experience using languages such as Python and work in AWS.
- Relational database experience including schema design and SQL.
- Knowledge of Data Governance principles and practices.
- Experience with data catalogs, business glossaries, data governance, and metadata management.
- Ability to understand all data interdependencies in connection with business requirements.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.