We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are building a dynamic team in Boston. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that dont have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
Love data? We do too.
DraftKings is growing quickly and were looking for a Data Engineering Manager to lead a team of engineers centered around the mission of providing a best-in-class experience for our products and customers. You will be working closely with Product Managers, Project Management, Marketing Analytics and Data Engineers to help optimize and deliver innovative solutions. This position requires strong technical skills and a bias toward collaboration.
What youll do as a Data Engineering Manager:
- You will manage and mentor a talented team of Data Engineers of all levels, aiding them in their own career.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Product Managers and your squads to deliver high quality results with high velocity.
- Responsible for code being designed/architected and written in a testable, scalable, and performant manner.
- Helps manage and facilitate technical design discussions, adds significant verbal and written contributions, and helps your squads overcome hurdles.
- Responsible for overall team health, and ensuring strong and effective communication across the team and with stakeholders
What skills you will use:
- 3-5 years of technical management experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in aspects of business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations is required.
- Manage hiring, training and updates on team performance to management and squad leads.
- Strong background in Data Engineering and Business Intelligence.
- Strong knowledge in a variety of data engines like SQL Server, MySQL and/or Redshift is required.
- Experience with data tools such as Datadog, Alation, Tableau and/or other reporting tools is preferred.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.