Data Engineer, Revenue Data Platform
Who We Are:
As data engineers, on the Revenue Data Platform, our mission is to build real-time and offline solutions to make data accessible and reliable while leveraging the largest-scale data processing technologies in the world at the Petabytes scale -- and then apply them to the Revenue’s most critical and fundamental data problems.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of the DataEng team, you will build and own mission-critical data pipelines that are ‘source of truth’ for Twitter’s fundamental revenue data.
- You will be a part of an early stage team and have a significant stake in defining its future with a considerable potential to impact all of Twitter’s revenue and hundreds of millions of users.
- You will be among the earliest adopters of bleeding-edge data technologies, working directly with the Pipelines Infrastructure team to integrate your services at scale.
- Your efforts will reveal invaluable business and user insights, leveraging vast amounts of Twitter revenue data to fuel numerous Revenue teams including Ads Analytics, Ads Experience, Data Science, Marketplace, Targeting, Prediction, and many others.
Who You Are:
You have a deep expertise in distributed systems, database internals, and performance analysis; you are also experienced with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Scalding, Parquet, or other similar technologies. You are driven and excited to face the challenges of building a robust and scalable data platform
- Strong programming and algorithmic skills
- Backend development experience with a solid foundation in data pipelines, distributed systems, and large-scale data processing
- Extensive experience with Hadoop Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, Parquet or similar technologies
- Proficiency with Java or Scala
- Proficiency with SQL (Relational, AWS Redshift, Hive, Presto etc)
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience in a custom or structured ETL, implementation and maintenance
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse project plans to internal clients
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.