Data Engineering as a function sets the foundation to successfully data intake, data management and data transformation. The foundational infrastructure helps drive quality and timely processing.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Data Mapping and Programming
- Work as a team member in creation and maintenance of ETL scripts used for healthcare data management, data validation, statistical report generation, and program validation.
- Work as a team member to develop tools and techniques for improving process efficiencies and query performance.
- Program per data transformation specifications to convert source data to be loaded into target data warehouse tables using PL/SQL and other Data Integration/ETL tools.
- Review & test the data to ensure accuracy & validity of the data prior to uploading the data to the warehouse.
Data Troubleshooting and Analysis
- Perform data analysis, data mining and investigations and identify root cause of issues with SQL queries.
- Work with Technical Operations to troubleshoot complex database issues related to the entire environment including OS, storage and servers. Provide off hours On-Call support to resolve production issues when necessary.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience.
2-4 years’ experience with data aggregation, standardization, linking, quality check mechanisms, and reporting.
- 2 years’ experience within the Healthcare or Insurance space in a Data Warehouse operations organization. Strong knowledge of healthcare enrollment, medical claims, and drug claims data required. Additional knowledge of non-traditional data types (health & wellness, workforce productivity, and EMR) preferred.
- Experience with RDBMS (Oracle, SQL, Vertica, etc.) and using PL/SQL or other data integration/ETL tools. Understanding of new technologies like HDFS and NOSQL a plus.
- Experience with ticketing and documentation tools such as Jira.
- Strong knowledge of coding and ability to follow best practices while developing and deploying codes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to analyze data with a high level of detailed accuracy and identify root causes of issues using queries.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.