Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What were looking for:
The analytics team is responsible for maintaining our internal analytics platform used by many departments at Starry. Were looking for a Data Engineer to join us as we begin to build out our analytics platform, tooling, and pipelines. Youll work with verticals within the business to automate processes and data pipelines while reporting into a small centralized data engineering team. We are looking for a candidate that relishes autonomy and the design process.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with stakeholders to build data pipelines and tooling for their work
- Become a domain expert for certain datasets within Starry
- Build tools to monitor the flow and quality of data moving through our data pipelines
- Lead by example with best practices in coding and automation
- Work on an evolving data infrastructure platform at a fast growing company
- Participate in code reviews and design meetings
- Learn new tools and concepts on the job
- Communicate with analytics and engineering stakeholders to help you get the job done
- Participate in a positive work environment
- 3+ years data engineering experience
- Python and SQL fluency
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Experience with batch ETL
- Experience with Git and CI/CD within the context of data engineering
Bonus points if...
- GIS data experience
- Spark experience
- Serverless experience
- AWS ecosystem experience
- Streaming data experience with Kafka or Kinesis
- Orchestration experience with frameworks like Airflow
- Front end experience
- Container experience with frameworks like Docker
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.