Recorded Future is a guardian of the internet. We defend against cyber attacks by analyzing the open web, deep web, and dark web. Our harvesting pipeline reads over 700,000 web sources, and our real-time multilingual natural language processing technology takes that content from raw text to alerts and visualizations in minutes.
The Data Science team takes ownership of this unique dataset. We manipulate our data structures to obtain solutions and insights, explore new use cases and capabilities for the data, and empower our clients to take proactive action against potential threats. Were looking for smart and ambitious people with a strong engineering foundation and a quantitative mindset to help us take this on. In this role, you will build frameworks for transforming vast amounts of data into the key pieces of high-quality information our clients rely on. You will join a team of motivated people working on a tough problem, and help us shine a light into the dark corners of the internet.
What you'll bring:
- Technical education: BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline, with a strong academic record.
- Data skills: Comfort working with complex data structures.
- Mindset: You love working with heterogeneous data to answer real human questions, and you know how to write the code that makes that happen at scale.
- Programming: 1-3 years work experience or equivalent academic background in data processing using Python. You are comfortable with developing scalable production code.
- Excellent communication: Your clarity of thought is always apparent in your crisp and articulate emails, Slack chats, phone calls, and in-person conversations.
- Preference for prior experience working with Dask, Spark, or MapReduce.
- Bonus if you have experience or interest in Information Security, Cybersecurity, or Threat Intelligence.
We realize we can only succeed with a team of very smart and passionate people. If youre looking to work in a unique environment with ambitious, dedicated colleagues, the chance to collaborate with fantastic users and customers, then we have a lot in common! You'll also be equipped with top technology, enjoy trips, the best coffee, great food and fun. We offer competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, as well as a great culture, commitment to professional development and social responsibility.
More Jobs From