Want to be part of shaping the future? Our breakthrough ability to unlock insights from the web radically improves intelligence and cyber threat visibility. Were a high-energy, fast-paced, and fast-growing company that partners closely with our customers. This role is integral in delivering best practice threat intelligence solutions to our customers and building lasting, productive relationships between users and the company. Our ideal candidate has outstanding communication skills, proven history in customer community building or engagement, and is excited about building collaboration around cyber threat intelligence problem sets.
Recorded Future is a guardian of the internet. We defend against cyber attacks by analyzing the open web, deep web, and dark web. Our harvesting pipeline reads over 700,000 web sources and structured data feeds, and our real-time multilingual natural language processing technology takes that content from raw text to alerts and visualizations in minutes.
The Data Science team takes ownership of this unique dataset. We implement crucial harvesting capabilities, manipulate our data structures to obtain solutions and insights, and explore new use cases and capabilities for the data. Were looking for smart and ambitious people with a strong engineering foundation and a quantitative mindset to help us take this on. In this role, you will implement new techniques for extracting high fidelity information from our vast collection of data, and what you build will become part of our Threat Intelligence product to help our customers stay protected. You will join a team of motivated people working on a tough problem, and help us shine a light into the dark corners of the internet.
Required experience and skills:
- Technical education: BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline, with a strong academic record.
- Python Programming: 1-3 years work experience or equivalent academic background in data processing using Python. You are comfortable automating data flows with resilient, production-grade code.
- Data skills: Comfort working with large, complex data structures. You love working with heterogeneous data to answer real human questions, and you know how to write the code that makes that happen.
- Excellent communication: Your clarity of thought is always apparent in your crisp and articulate emails, Slack chats, phone calls, and in-person conversations.
Preferred experience and skills:
- Preference for prior experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Preference for prior experience with the Elastic Stack.
- Preference for prior experience working with data in Information Security, Cybersecurity, or Threat Intelligence.
We realize we can only succeed with a team of very smart and passionate people. If youre looking to work in a unique environment with ambitious, dedicated colleagues, the chance to collaborate with fantastic users and customers, then we have a lot in common! You'll also be equipped with top technology, enjoy trips, the best coffee, great food and fun. We offer competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, as well as a great culture, commitment to professional development and social responsibility.
Don't forget to check out our podcast! Join the Recorded Future team, special guests, and our partners from the CyberWire to learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things youd rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence. All episodes are free and available on iTunes, GooglePlay, and Stitcher.
More Jobs From