Mightier is a family-based program developed at Boston Children’s Hospital that empowers children to build emotional strength and supports the caregivers who love them. With Mightier’s innovative game system, players are able to practice keeping their “cool” while playing fun, award-winning mobile games. Three clinical trials at Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Mass General have shown Mightier works as well as medications. The program has served over 25,000 families with over 10 million games played. Our mission is to empower every child to build emotional strength.
Why is this role important?
Mightier grows every day, and we are seeking a creative and detail-oriented software engineer to join our growing product and engineering team. In this role, you will help drive the direction of our web product and bring it to the next level with features and robustness. You’ll do this by building out a data architecture that provides value to both internal stakeholders across the company as well as customers. If you enjoy working closely across teams and jumping into complex problem spaces, then we want to hear from you!
- Data pipelining – Build out scalable data infrastructures that can answer today’s questions while thinking ahead to the company’s needs as we continue to scale
- Event data management – Build out event systems that provide meaningful, real-time information to parents
- Observability – Building out systems that monitor the health of not only the data architecture, but also overall company health. Working with groups like marketing and product to ensure their daily key metrics are up to date and actively alerting when something is wrong
- Data security – As a company operating in the medical space, customer privacy and safe usage of data is a top concern
- Technical documentation – we need to have robust documentation around where our data is coming from, where it is stored, and how it is being used
Relevant experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- At least 2+ years of data engineering experience
- Ability to set up systems that ensure a high-quality end product
- Experience in event-driven data systems
- Experience with standard ETL tool sets
- Experience with Metabase, Tableau, or similar tools
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to participate in a culture of feedback and collaboration
- You like to take ownership from the inception of a feature through delivery & monitoring in production
Working with us:
We are still a small team and many of us come from incredibly varied career backgrounds. You will be working and communicating with psychologists, game designers, scientists, and parents to push Mightier forward. What unites us is that we all believe in the product and the impact it has. We care about every family, and we cultivate a free and open work environment where everyone’s voice is heard.