hometap: Data Engineer
Who We Are
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. By tapping into the built-in value of a home, we help homeowners do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the home’s future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
Who you are:
As a Data Engineer at Hometap, you’ll be the crucial glue that makes a whole new category possible. We need people who are excited about building the architecture and infrastructure for processing the data that powers the business.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Organize, clean and analyze raw data sets to continually test hypotheses
- Plan, organize and build infrastructure that supports the dynamic environment of a young company.
- Create and maintain ETLs to and from a variety of sources and destinations. Familiarity or interest in tools in the space of Spark, Dask, Hadoop, and/or Airflow, Kafka, Alooma, AWS Data Pipeline is desired.
- Follow best-practice engineering standards, such as architectural design, unit testing and test driven development
You will have:
- 2+ years of related experience in data engineering.
- Cloud computing infrastructure services.
- Management of relational databases and or no-SQL databases.
- ETL tools
- (preferred) Python ORMs
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- A strong understanding of algorithms, statistics, and data interpretation
- Proficiency in Python
- The ability to understand business problems and translate them into data science and data engineering projects.
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is the way you fit within our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.
More Jobs From