The Data Engineer will play a key role in designing Frameworks creative use of data through leading the development of Frameworks data warehouse and initial data integration initiatives. We have a range of valuable data assets which are growing in volume and scope, we need to use them effectively and efficiently. The Data Engineer will serve as the technical lead for developing Frameworks internal insights and analytics data warehouse. They will identify critical initiatives and work with the Business Insights team to plan out their implementation. They will also act as a technical expert for the rest of the Business Insights team, helping them learn new skills and improve their own workflow. This work will support Frameworks development of core data analytics tools and products for internal stakeholders.
We are looking for a collaborative and open-minded team player who has experience implementing technical solutions as part of a greater data analytics strategy. The ideal candidate can demonstrate a commitment to continuous growth and use creative problem solving to assess how Frameworks data architecture can prepare for the future. This position requires humble confidence with self-starter inclinations and a proven ability to own solutions from start to finish. This is a mid-level position with great opportunities for professional development and growth.
This position reports to the Business Insights Manager and is located in the Greater Boston Area, with offices in Boston, MA.
What Youll Do: First 90 Days
- Work with Data Analyst to understand current technology solutions used to meet critical analytics needs.
- Work with analysts to identify immediate risks of existing data infrastructure, prioritize key opportunities for development and actionable tasks
- Collaborate extensively with key stakeholder teams such as marketing, product and engineering to understand business logic of key data and identify opportunities for optimization through data integrations
- Implement workflows and technical work management systems that support iterative development, task prioritization and requirement documentation.
- Work with Business Insights manager and CTO to begin developing a road map for our data warehouse strategy and self-service business intelligence.
What Youll Do: Team Leadership
- Manage data system integrations used for analytics across Framework. This includes monitoring and expanding Frameworks ETL and translating business needs into technical specifications.
- Serve as the technology lead for Frameworks data warehouse development.
- Manage communication of Frameworks technology capabilities and limitations. Serve as our subject matter expert on this within the team and as a voice of reason in collaborative efforts.
- Participate in the Business Insights teams continued growth as a technology team documenting knowledge gains clearly, mentoring younger staff and supporting growth of direct reports and team members.
What Youll Bring
- Technical experience: Demonstrated knowledge of data warehouse architecture, integration development and ETL implementation. Exposure to service orientated architecture concepts, familiarity with best practices for analytics data warehouses. Experience with programming languages is preferred. Data modeling for business intelligence tools or a curiosity to learn more is a plus.
- Development experience: Success in implementing data engineering best practices, workflow structures and task execution principles. Demonstrated ability to set requirements, test solutions, identify milestones and meet deadlines.
- Business perspective focus: Ability to consider business lead perspectives while making technical decisions. Experience translating technical capabilities to business outcomes and reverse.
- Knowledge management skills: Self led prioritization of knowledge management skills such as documentation, knowledge sharing and training others at various levels.
- Maker and Manager: Ability to dive into the weeds of the work while working with Business Insights team colleagues to tackle problems together. Desire to grow into a management role.
- Ability to develop, articulate and implement a larger vision while identifying the intricate work required to achieve success.
- An orientation toward learning and exploration with an interest in learning from and sharing with others.
- Ability to work effectively with remote teammates.
- A strong sense of empathy towards different perspectives and an ability to collaborate with compromise.
- Passion for efficiency in technical solutions and ability to achieve iteratively.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field; or comparable professional experience
- 3-5 years of experience in data warehouse development and ETL design, implementation and data maintenance
- 1-2 years of experience working closely with analytics teams in an analyst role
- Experience with tools within various levels of the analytics stack, including but not limited to cloud data warehouses, ETL (Fivetran), data modeling, APIs, cloud services, etc.
- Our vision inspires you!
About the Team
The Data Engineer will be a key member of a rapidly evolving Business Insights team. The Business Insights team paves the path for Frameworks data driven decision making aspirations and develops the technology tools that will be crucial along the journey. From key Framework products to internal customer success systems, the Business Insights team stewards the collection of data across the company and delivery of key business insights for internal and external use.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job requires the routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. It requires the ability to speak and hear in person, over the phone, and in settings where there are groups of people. Occasional travel is required, including overnight travel for up to four days at a time and travel via airplane.
What Well Offer You / Benefits of Working for Framework
The Framework team is a group of thoughtful, creative, and caring human beings. Our company boasts employees that hail from several different countries and speak a multitude of languages. We are collaborators who value each others differences and are committed to bringing our authentic selves to work each day, so that we might design quality products for humans that need them. We offer a suite of benefits designed to support our employees thriving in the workplace, including but not limited to:
Flexible Work Schedules
Health Plans Incl. Dental and Vision
401(k) Savings Plan
11 Paid Holidays Incl. Election Day
52 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
Personal and Professional Growth Opportunities
Opportunity to help build and deliver cutting edge, socially driven products from scratch!
About the Company
Framework is a startup social enterprise built on a simple idea: every homebuyer should have access to unbiased information about the mortgage process and feel knowledgeable about the responsibilities of owning a home. And moreit should be easy and affordable.
We are proudly pro-homeownership and believe it is a uniquely accessible and powerful way for people to build long term financial security. We make it easier for people to do this by providing the tools we believe will lead prospective homebuyers into homes that improve their quality of life, giving them the space to grow into their future, and gain value over time.
From our state-of-the art homebuyer education course that has helped over 700K people into their homes since its inception, to our newest digital homebuyer and homeownership experienceKeepHomeour mission to support homeowners continues to grow every year, and so does our team!
As we leverage the power of technology to strengthen communities one homeowner at a time, the individual contributions of our tight-knit team play a vital, daily role in shaping our products and services. Creative thinking, collaboration, and problem solving are at the core of the Framework culture, and were seeking team members with drive and ingenuity to add to the mix.
Come join us!
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet Frameworks changing needs, at the sole discretion of management.