iRobot is seeking a Data Collection Technician from November 1 through December 31 of this year to play an important role on New Product Development Teams to make better, more robust robots that delight the customer by collecting data in users home(s) and annotating/processing data. The data collected will be used by the research and development team for future products. Users will be both internal iRobot employees as well as external to iRobot.
Essential functions include:
Data Collection Technician will assist in collecting and annotating data. Most of the data collection will take place in real homes (including the Data Collection Technicians own home). During periods of time when traveling or collecting data is not safe or reasonable to do so, data collection technician will assist in annotating and processing previously collected data or working on remote data collection procedures.
When safe to do so, the Data Collection Technician will travel to homes nearby to iRobot Bedford office to collect both quantitative and qualitative data following a protocol, with specific safety precautions. The data collection will be conducted at different times of the day and in multiple homes. During each home visit the Data Collection Technician will repeatedly set up the devices on the ground to collect data.
The individual in this role will work as part of the Machine Learning team alongside other data collection technicians.
- Requires providing your own transportation
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of task execution and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to repeatedly perform physical tasks including repetitively bending, kneeling, squatting and climbing stairs. This can be repetitive and tenuous depending on the size of the home.