We’re looking for a skilled and passionate Data Center Operations Engineer to help us build and operate our secure, fully-automated and highly-available storage-as-a-service platform across multiple clouds and data centers.
As a core member of our 24/7 Technical Operations team, this individual will collaborate with our service delivery, customer success, and development teams to help us expand, secure, scale, monitor and operate the service across our network. We offer a collaborative work environment that encourages team members to grow and develop in their careers.
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering, computer science, or other technically related discipline as well as 5 or more years in an IT operations role. In addition, the candidate will have at least 2 years of prior operations experience supporting a SaaS environment. Familiarity with working in a 24x7 support environment within a startup will be particularly valuable.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following:
- Linux/Unix administration
- AWS, Google or Azure workload administration
- Monitoring tools and platforms
- Storage system administration
- Object Storage systems such as CEPH
- Server management infrastructure
- Cluster management
- Diagnosing problems in a distributed architecture
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-on service
Additionally, experience with of any of the following is a plus:
- Docker or similar containerization platform
- GIT, Artifactory, Jenkins and Jira
- Automation/configuration management using either Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- Understanding of code and script (Python, Ruby, and/or PHP
More Jobs From