Data Analyst Internship – Summer 2019- Uplift Financial
Interested in transforming the consumer finance industry? Uplift Financial is looking for you!
As a Quantitative Data Analyst intern, you'll be able to contribute directly to a growing part of our business. You'll work with members of the Analyst team to design and implement a marketing program, manage performance, and use the insights you gain to drive growth in user engagement and revenue.
The Uplift Financial environment is very experiment driven and you will be encouraged to explore and test new ideas. The combination of your expertise and ideas will have a direct and immediate impact on the Uplift Financial business. Our goal is to connect consumers with the financial products they need, and your work will help us achieve that goal.
Day to day responsibilities will include devising and executing new strategies to better target consumers, profiling consumers utilizing consumer and business intelligence data, and testing new campaign designs. Expect to use Python and SQL, analyze data from a variety of sources, design and conduct experiments, and present your findings using data visualization and effective written and oral communication.
Benefits of Uplift:
- Unmatched opportunity for exploration and growth: We believe in letting people grow as quickly as they can.
- A fun, supportive culture.
- An ability to make an immediate impact.
- Exposure across business functions: Were a small and collaborative team.
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen.
- Opportunities to get exposure to different areas/teams operating at Cogo.
- Amazing team outings!
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Junior (undergrad with expected 2020 graduation date) pursuing bachelor's in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or another quantitative field.
- Experience with Python & SQL.
- Affinity for working with data and making data-driven decisions.
- The flexibility & self-motivation to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture.
- The ability to make a strong case when presenting findings & recommendations, while remaining receptive to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Interest in the consumer finance industry and making consumers financial decisions easier.
- Passions and interests outside of work - you aren't just your resume.
The world of consumer finance is complex and poorly understood. Uplift Financial simplifies the process of making better financial decisions. Today, our focus is helping consumers find credit products that actually help them get on the right track - no payday loans here. As we grow, we'll be adding new product categories until we're a trusted advisor for every decision in our users' financial lives.
We're a team of engineers, analysts, and managers currently incubating at Cogo Labs. Were working in a rapidly-growing market with the support of Cogo Labs' engineering and business expertise.