Data Analyst Intern - Spring 2019
At Constant Contact, were working to transform marketing for small businesses. The Product team at Constant Contact is a passionate, fast moving team that drives our product forward to continually help our 500,000 small business customers succeed in their own businesses. We have to stay one step ahead of our customers, the market and technology, so we can deliver new and improved features and to do so, we need to understand our customers, their needs and how they use our products.
As the Product Data Analyst intern, youll work with Senior Analysts, Product Managers, User Experience Researchers (UXR), DB/DW engineers and other analysts to dig into the product data in order to surface insights about customer and product usage. Youll contribute to the future of our product by providing the Product Managers with the data that they need to understand what our customers are doing and how they do it.
This is not your typical internship. You must be a digger, be inquisitive and curious and ask questions. Youll have mentorship, but youve got to be comfortable working with little direction. Youll be experimenting with the product in order to understand our customer's experience and youll be digging into the raw data thats behind the scenes to create reports and charts to identify trends in usage and how it relates to our customers success.
You must have experience with:
- Databases / Data warehousing
- Writing complex SQL
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
It would be great if you have the following (and if you dont, you will!):
- Experience with Big Data platforms such as Hadoop
- Experience with other reporting/visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience with monitoring and tracking tools such as Splunk, NewRelic, Adobe/Google Analytics
Other skills youll need:
- Ability to hit the ground running, ask questions and learn quickly
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with working independently on tasks
- Analytical focus
- Ability to multitask (where one of those tasks is always having fun!)
- Collaborative and open work space
- Innovation Jams & Hackathons
- Community programs
- Nerf gun fights, ping-pong tournaments, free fruit, Monday breakfasts, Friday beer carts, company events
This role is intended to begin mid- late January 2019. Current students and recent grads are welcome to apply.