At some point youve probably attended or scheduled a meeting -- maybe it was in a room, on video or over the phone -- then your meeting room gets stolen, you don't have the right resources, or you can't find where you need to be. Finding space and time to communicate can be painful. The problem is easy to understand but difficult to solve. That's where Robin comes in. We build software that coordinates meeting spaces, people and things in your workplace so you can get back to doing your best work.
Based in Boston, the DNA of our eclectic team shapes our culture in a way that means we can show up to work as our whole selves. Our values guide the way we treat our customers, our coworkers, and our candidates. We are intentional with our words and actions. Were helpful. And at the end of the day, we're all united by the mission of modernizing the open office so that businesses (like HubSpot, Twitter, Bumble and Kayak) are more enjoyable places to walk into each day, including our own.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to partner with engineering and product to support the development of customer-facing workplace analytics. If you consider yourself smart, have a drive for results, proven track record and are not shy to challenge the status quo -- we want you!
Work youll be responsible for:
- Query databases (Postgres/MySQL) to gather large amounts of complex calendar data. Identify trends, patterns, gaps and insights using descriptive analytics and data visualizations to further business insights.
- Leverage best in class analytical programming tools, such as Jupyter notebooks, and create well documented and repeatable analytical processes.
- Perform complex ad-hoc analyses in Excel to solve important business problems and formulate robust, actionable recommendations for leadership that support the product team in creating a data-driven company.
- Contribute to the development of data strategy tools such as a data dictionary and assist with the creation of team onboarding materials.
- Analytical. Youre passionate about using and understanding data to problem-solve.
- Collaborative. You enjoy partnering with various teams to drive analytics on business trends through multiple systems. You are able clearly distill the essence of your technical work to audiences of all levels and across multiple functional areas.
- Adaptable. You are able to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines and love a fast-paced environment.
- Curiosity: Youre driven to learn the latest and greatest of an industry. You enjoy problem-solving and know-how to ask strategic questions rather than just talking about implementation details.
- Articulate. You are able to communicate and simplify complex data into sensible business solutions. Experience articulating product questions and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
Experience you already have:
- 2-4 years of experience on a data or analytics team
- Knowledge and experience applying statistical techniques to real business data
- A Bachelors degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of experience working with Microsoft Excel
- 2 or more years of experience working with Python (preferable) / R
- Competency with relational databases, writing SQL scripts and working with large sets of data
- Familiar with Git
- Plus if you are interested in learning Go or Java
Were creating the smart office of the future. Wed love to have you be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and handicap accessible.
More Jobs From