Jana’s mission is to make the internet free for the next billion. We are a mobile advertising company, and the largest provider of free internet in emerging markets. Our mCent Browser app serves as a gateway to mobile content by leveraging advertising to offset user data costs. Advertisers work with us to develop strategic mobile advertising campaigns and engage consumers in these rising markets. Through partnerships with 99% of mobile operators, we have provided over 30 million users in emerging markets with unrestricted, ad-sponsored internet access.
As a Data Analyst at Jana, you will work closely with our product and engineering teams to shape product decisions using data. You will help define the top line metrics, measure the impact of various product features, and explore our rich and massive dataset to inform what we build next. As part of the data science team at Jana, you will have access to resources and mentorship to expand your skillset and grow professionally.
- Work with product and engineering teams to make data-informed product decisions
- Design and interpret product experiments
- Explore user behavior and long term trends to identify product opportunities
- Communicate insights and data-informed recommendations across the company
- Experience in SQL or another language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R, SAS)
- Ability to clearly communicate complex subjects
- Understanding of basic statistical methods (e.g., power analysis, linear regression)
- BS/BA in a technical field such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, or economics
- 2-3 years similar experience