Office Tour Photos
edX seeks an exceptional BI Engineer to drive better reporting and decision making across the organization.
The role will focus primarily on financial reporting. You will build pipelines, create data marts, deliver reports and analyses, and enable self service capabilities for a variety of use cases. Improving use of data is one of edXs top strategic priorities. Your work will have a significant, highly visible impact on our mission to provide high quality education to everyone, everywhere.
- Develop, document, automate, and monitor metrics and reports, in close collaboration with business stakeholders.
- Define data models for our wealth of information that can serve as a central source of truth for reporting and analysis, and build ETLs in DBT (SQL-based) to populate them.
- Gather and negotiate data and reporting requirements with cross-functional teams.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Data and Finance teams.
- Integrate data from various domains (financial, operational, sales, etc.) to enable more informed business decisions.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a quantitative discipline, or relevant experience.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience working with large data sets.
- Strong SQL skills, as demonstrated in a business environment.
- Strong analytical skills, including a high degree of skepticism and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand business processes and requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate closely with others.
Nice to have
- Programming skills as applied to working with data (e.g. Python, R).
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
- Advanced knowledge of dimensional modeling.
How you will grow?
- Youll be part of a talented, collaborative, and practical data team that learns from each other.
- Youll collaborate across business functions and with senior leadership on some of edX's highest visibility initiatives.
- Youll focus your energy on business impact, honing your ability to use data to create quantifiable value for an organization.
- Youll play a key role in transforming edX early in its analytical journey, helping it become a sophisticated, data-driven entity.
- Youll solve challenging technical problems involving large volumes of data using cutting-edge tools.
- Youll dedicate your professional time to furthering an important social cause and have a meaningful impact on edX's sustainability.
- This role will have an opportunity for growth in multiple areas, including data analytics and data engineering.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.
More Jobs From