Cyber Security Analyst
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Cyber Security. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Cyber Security Analyst will play a critical role in the Cyber Command Center (C3). Specifically, the Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and maintaining the security and integrity of the American Well Information Systems Telehealth data network. This position requires an understanding of Information Systems as they relate to the security and the protection of sensitive data. The ideal candidate should have a keen ability to listen to directions and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Support security initiatives relating to ISO 27001/2 and ISMS
- Perform security assessments and audit processes in accordance with ISO 27001/2
- Ability to analyze and identify security solutions based on the latest industry best practices
- Follow directions, standards, and procedures to minimize system impact
- Perform and document network vulnerability scans weekly, monthly, and quarterly to meet American Well requirements
- Create reports from the results of vulnerability testing and distribute to key team members
- Configure and perform dedicated application vulnerability testing and operate software tools required to monitor and analyze network vulnerabilities
- Setup scans for detection of malicious hardware or software on the network
- Assist in managing network scanning nodes running CentOS Linux for various applications
- Configure Security Center to maximize resources and network scanning
- Identify and analyze network vulnerabilities based on latest industry attacks
- Create tracking mechanisms for reporting and auditing needs
- Familiar with network scanning tools NMAP, APPSCAN, TENABLE-Security Center/Nessus, Metasploit, etc.
- Ability to follow procedures and to identify and issues that need improvement
- Ability to investigate, understand, and document network security architecture
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of business
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience required
- Knowledge of information security engineering methods and technologies for IT infrastructure, web, mobility, and WAN and LAN networking
- Knowledge of researching and analyzing information security technologies and processes to meet complex business needs
- Analytical Reasoning - Applies research methodologies and statistical analysis to solve problems. Synthesizes and analyzes complex data, information and evidence to draw meaningful conclusions
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks