The Core Support Team lead is a player & coach role, assisting with oversight of the core support team and overall management of the support queue while continuing to engage in support cases directly with customers. The individual will assist with mentoring other team members and fostering the Mimecast Way, and can serve as a backup to the Manager of the team. The Customer Support Team Lead reports to the Manager of Customer Support.
- Ensure queue cases are handled efficiently, adhering to support SLAs.
- Assist the manager with monitoring the phone queue to ensure appropriate staffing throughout the day and engineer schedule adherence.
- Assist the manager with monitoring overall case response times and SLA achievement, verifying customers are contacted in line with internal guidelines
- Review cases periodically to ensure appropriate procedures and escalation paths are followed by team members.
- Provide periodic updates to Customer Support Manager on engineer performance, potential issues, and opportunities for improved efficiency.
- Monitor relevant Slack channels (911, SD Global, etc) and ensure appropriate team awareness and response.
- Handle email cases and phone calls from the queue as appropriate, in line with established targets.
- Serve as formal escalation point within the team for difficult cases
- Be available for warm transfers for “supervisor” escalations when necessary
- Assist with scheduled calls and one-off projects with customers as needed or as directed by management.
- Cases that require significant investigation or potential development review should still be escalated to the Senior Support Engineers. However, JIRA cases can be opened as required for routine escalations.
- Assist with growing the skills of individual team members, providing feedback on appropriate case handling and troubleshooting strategies.
- Work with management to help identify support trends and opportunities for improvement within the team.
- Provide training to new hires and ongoing skill-up training for existing employees. Ensure engineers are attending relevant training sessions and participating in enablement sessions.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following characteristics:
- 2-4 years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively to executives or non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- An emphasis on customer satisfaction and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. #LI-143043533_MC2