Customer Support Specialist - Full time - Temp to Perm
Seeking: Master of multitasking, tech-savvy sorcerer, and creative consultant. You were born to serve customers and can do it all. You love talking to people (on the phone and online), and the idea of helping someone gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.
The Grommet is a premier gift giving destination and as a result, we need to staff up temporarily for Mother's Day and Father's Day gift giving. If you love it here, you may have the opportunity to stay on in a permanent position. You will be eligible for benefits after 90 days.
- Email and Telephone Customer Support: Youll handle incoming customer inquiries. They reach out to us for a variety of reasons: to place orders from our catalog, check order status, ask about our products, initiate a return, etc. To help them, youll often need to sleuth the situation (a la Nancy Drew) by using various computer systems. Youll sniff out their needs and show them how The Grommet can make everyones life just that much better.
- Hours per Week: This is a 40 hour a week position, paid hourly, and requires flexibility in schedule including one weekend day. We are flexible/accommodating with scheduling and youll have the opportunity to change schedule over time.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Passion for Customer Service and Brilliant Recovery: Our customers love us, but every relationship has its bumps. When a customer hits a rough spot, you should be understanding, empathetic and creative in healing the rift. You must have prior customer service experience and examples where you turned a first-time customer into lifetime one.
- Comfort with Technology: Much of the job is centered on computer work, so you must feel very comfortable with technology. Our systems are extremely sophisticated. You must be able to demonstrate past working experience with complex computer systems of some sort.
- Communication Skills: Strong writing & communication skills are a must. You must feel very comfortable on the telephone, where a good percentage of your work will be done. Inquiry volume can be high so you must remain cool as a cucumber under pressure.
- 1-3 years in a customer facing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable engaging with customersover the phone
- Must be reliable and work every scheduled shift; days off need to be planned in advance.
- Ability to work a schedule that may include at least one weekend day
Some of the Good Stuff:
- Our Approach: This is a customer service team, and we have to be available to our customers. That said, this isn't your traditional call center. You're not micro-managed with every second of your time accounted for. Our goal is to thrill our customers and make our Support Specialists empowered to do it.
- Work Environment: Were a fun, growing e-commerce company. Our office is a casualoasis whereyou dress the way you feel comfortable -- just a five minute walk from Davis square. Youll love it here. We have free coffee and snacks!
- Fun and Fast-Paced: You must be comfortable with an energetic, fast-paced environment.Our team is full of creative, driven people with unique vision and we like working here.
- Deep Discounts: We offer deep discounts on hundreds of the products on our site. Sometimes, we even have free giveaways! Its perfect for gift giving.
- Culture of Mentorship and Learning Youll get exposure to Bostons startup industry and the chance to learn from people on our team and from the industry. We host frequent information and expertise sharing events (formal and informal) at work and give team members the chance to go to out-of-office events, too.