Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embarks Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
The Customer Support team works directly with customers, helping them with questions related to our products, their orders and their dogs results. In this role, the Customer Support Specialist, Breed and Ancestry will be fielding questions and concerns specific to the customers breed ancestry results. This role requires an advanced understanding of canine genetics, specifically population genetics, as well as the ability to comfortably and clearly communicate directly with customers while providing a positive (and educational!) experience. The person in this role will also work closely with members of the Customer Support and Ancestry teams to identify trends and collaborate on the creation of detailed, standardized copy to assist in answering common customer inquiries.
What youll do:
- Respond to customer inquiries related to their dogs breed ancestry results, either by phone or email.
- Work with members of the Ancestry team to provide responses to common customer questions, share feedback, and identify trends
- Record customer interactions, capturing details of inquiries, complaints or comments, as well as actions taken using Zendesk (CRM)
- Troubleshoot customer problems efficiently and effectively
- Identify issues that need additional assistance and escalate as needed
- Represent Embark Vet in a professional manner
- Meet metrics related to service level, performance, and customer satisfaction
- Other job-related duties as assigned
What experience were looking for:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in a Scientific field, such as Biology, Zoology, or the equivalent
- Experience in population genetics is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable translating complex scientific and/or technical concepts into easy to understand, actionable information for our customers
- Experience in science writing or science journalism is a plus
- Experience working with dogs, in either a veterinary or with breeders, is a plus
- Must love dogs!
What We Can Offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.