Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
As the Customer Service Engineer in Rhode Island and a team member of the Desktop Metal Customer Support department, you will be a primary point of contact and interface for all technical aspects between Desktop Metal, HQ, and the North American market.
The Customer Support Engineer will provide high-level 1st tier technical and on-site support for all Desktop Metal product lines. Responsibilities include ensuring customer satisfaction, resellers success, and reseller education, and providing support in the launch of new products. The CSE also provides field feedback to drive product development, ongoing troubleshooting, and technical support, remote and on-site. The CSE will work with teams in R&D, Engineering, and SW to improve Desktop Metal products continuously.
- The main point of contact and interface for all technical aspects between Desktop Metal, HQ, and the customer site
- Leading Desktop Metals technical support on-site on both Desktop Metal machines and SW
- Utilizing excellent customer service skills and exceed customers expectations
- Providing 1st tier remote technical support
- Training customers on-site and ensure knowledge and product competence
- Leading escalated cases
- Running beta test installations and feedback acquisition
- Ensuring implementation of Engineering/Field Change Orders
- Install products on-site at customers, including testing, tune-up, and final configuration
- Identifying HW, SW, and AE problems and report back to Desktop Metal to increase systems reliability
- Providing periodical reports of the region
- Assisting technical writers localizing service and configuration documentation
- Other projects as assigned
- Five years experience in customer support in a technical role
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and practical ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in 3D printing or advanced manufacturing preferred
- Self-motivated and team player
- Able to work independently in stressful situations
- Able to be flexible in a dynamic and fast-growing environment
- Up to 65% travel required (local travel)
- Residence based in Rhode Island area
- BS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with Powder Bed Fusion / Binder Jetting metal additive manufacturing
- Customer Success focused
- Able to organize and prioritize workload
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.