Why join ClearSky Data?
We are a fast-growing, passionate team working hard to deliver a global storage service that manages the entire data lifecycle, combining the performance and availability of local enterprise storage with the scalability and economics of the cloud. Founded in 2012 by technology veterans, ClearSky Data is a well-funded start-up backed by Highland Capital Partners, General Catalyst Partners, Polaris Partners, and Akamai, with corporate headquarters in Boston, MA.
The individual that will succeed in this role will have experience in and a passion for great customer service and strong team relationships. The person will partner with our Sales, DevOps and Engineering teams to share knowledge and be an effective advocate for our customers. This is an individual contributor role and requires solid hands-on working experience with SAN, NAS and virtualization technologies.
- Contributes to the establishment of best practices for customer support
- Hands-on contribution to initial triage and troubleshooting of issues submitted by ClearSky Data’s customers
- Effectively communicate procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast-paced and customer-critical environment
- Create and contribute to technical FAQs and knowledge base articles on a regular basis
- Participate in rotating after hours and weekend on-call support schedule
- Monitor and track all customer service requests, provides periodic status updates and communicates status to customers using the case management software
- Work closely with Sales, DevOps and Engineering teams to address customer issues and requirements
- Participate in bug reviews with QA team
- Build and maintain a Customer Support lab environment
- Candidate must be willing to work in shifts and during holidays
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience working in a customer-facing support role dealing with enterprise IT customers
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers at a technical and business level
- Proven experience of collaborating with multiple internal groups to deliver on customer expectations
- Experience supporting Virtualization technologies such as VMWare, Hyper-V and Open Source Hypervisors
- Experience troubleshooting storage related issue with Windows Server, Linux and VMWare environments
- Experience with troubleshooting network connectivity, firewall and security related issues
- Experience with troubleshooting SAN and NAS technologies and protocols
More Jobs From