Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
We are searching for an exceptional person to take a position as a member of our growing Customer Success team. In this role, the candidate will help Brightcoves Enterprise customers to fully utilize Brightcoves suite of products ultimately allowing them to achieve their business goals. This person must have a proven track record for delivering on (or exceeding) revenue goals and/or customer retention, and take pride in getting it done.
The candidate we will hire will be highly self-motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication and negotiating skills. This roles primary responsibility is to cultivate and maintain strong relationships within assigned accounts ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and recognition of ROI, leading to strong renewals and growth opportunities. This role also requires close partnership with the Account Executive team to ultimately ensure awareness of upsell opportunities, complete customer satisfaction and maximum value return from Brightcove products & services. In this role, you will support driving retention and growth among our customers by understanding their business needs and helping them succeed, drive usage and adoption and make Brightcoves value visible with a focus on ROI.
- Drive retention and growth among a subset of our customer base by understanding their business needs and helping them succeed.
- Maintain a cadence of communicating with customers to ensure they are adopting the product and guide them to best practices and support their product knowledge.
- Collaborate closely with Account Executive team to partner on expansion opportunities.
- Provide insights to customers to ensure that they get the most out of the platform with the aim of helping grow our customer base.
- Gauge customers levels of engagement with the company and provide feedback to the other teams regarding product and service improvements.
- Start to develop expertise on products and the industry.
- Maintain competitive knowledge & focus.
- Collaborates internally with different teams, such as finance, legal, marketing, support etc.
- 1-2 years+ in a quota carrying Customer Success, Relationship Management, Account Management, or similar role within a SaaS or software company.
- A proven track record delivering on or exceeding revenue goals and quota.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, while working to mitigate churn and drive engagement and renewals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and carry through renewals to closure.
- Understanding of client business strategy, drivers, goals and initiatives and translating these into Brightcove selling opportunities.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment, and possess entrepreneurial spirit within a team environment.
- Possess a strong ability to be a team player - ability to learn, listen, and receive feedback on their progress, leading to growth within the company.
- Possess great communication skills to customize communication to the customers needs with confidence; be comfortable presenting online and in-person to a group.
- Retain a customer-first attitude while still exhibiting negotiation skills.
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce.com), CEM (Gainsight) would be a plus.
- This is a quota-carrying role
- This role does involve travel, up to 15%
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
We are currently all working remotely due to Covid-19 and, while we plan to return to an in-office experience, this position is being offered as a fully remote role. While you wont get to experience the in-office culture, you will feel it remotely and be able to participate actively. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!