Privy is the #1 reviewed app for sales in the Shopify App Store. 500,000+ small e-commerce brands around the world use Privy, helping them generate $5 billion in sales. Our mission is to provide the tools, education, and support small ecommerce brands need to grow their online stores and build thriving businesses.
Privy is a rapidly growing, successful startup that takes pride in the fact that our employees make a big impact, not just on our business, but on our customers too. We were recently named an Inc. 5000 fastest growing company (#3 in Boston!), and a Built In Boston Best Place to Work. And guess what? We're not slowing down any time soon!
At Privy, we're building a company that we love, and we measure our success by our customers' success. Our culture of transparency and respect empowers our team to love their work life...while also maintaining a fulfilling life of their own. We recognize that our employees work incredibly hard not only to help build Privy, but also to build the businesses of the merchants that we support. That's why we build our team with the brightest and nicest people around, and we take care to ensure every individual feels valued.
Were expanding our Customer Success team (again!), and were looking for a Customer Success Manager who can coach our top customers on Privy and consult with them on marketing and ecommerce strategies.
Youll be working with small and medium-sized ecommerce businesses and helping them grow through using Privys onsite conversion and email tools. Were the #1 rated marketing integration in the Shopify App Store, so youll get to work with customers who love working with us!
Privy is growing fast so youll have the opportunity to have an outsized impact on a fast-moving start up.
- Build positive relationship with our most valuable customers
- Help customers realize value from the Privy platform, our resources, and our relationship with them
- Positively impact customer love metrics such as retention, CSAT, product adoption, expansion, and engagement
What Youll Do
As a customer success manager, youll be working with our high-value customers as an ecommerce consultant and expert on the Privy platform. Your primary goal is to help our customers meet their goals while providing an A+ customer experience. By understanding their business needs and helping them succeed, youll drive retention and growth among our most valuable customers. Your day-to-day will include:
- Maintain relationships with our high-value customers
- Make strategic and tactical recommendations for using Privy based on your customers business goals
- Be your customers go-to resource for all things Privy-related
- Be your customers internal advocate by marshalling resources across Privy to support their needs
- Find creative solutions to business and technical questions
- Represent the voice of the customer to inform our sales approach and product roadmap
- Work with other members of the Customer Success team (onboarding, support) to ensure that were providing the best customer experience possible
- Identify opportunities for customers to act as Privy advocates (e.g. testimonials, case studies)
Who Were Looking For
- 3-5 years in a Customer Success, Relationship Management, Account Management, or similar role
- Hands-on experience in an ecommerce or marketing role
- Working knowledge of the marketing and ecommerce tech ecosystem
- A great problem-solver with good judgement
- Ability to take customer pain-points or desired outcomes and prescribe suggestions and solutions in real time
- Exceptional communication skills; you know how to make sophisticated or technical concepts simple for customers
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help SMBs
- Highly organized, collaborative, and detail-oriented
- Experience building and maintaining client relationships
- Results-driven mentality with a bias for speed and action
- Comfort in a startup environment we move quickly and wear many hats
- Curious and willing to try things that may be outside of your core expertise
The Customer Team Culture:
Why you should join Privy:
We take pride in the fact that our employees make a significant impact not just on our business, but on our customers big and small, ranging from FIGS to Death Wish Coffee, and everyone in between. Our team is made up of all different backgrounds and life experiences, from tech veterans to weekend warriors with small businesses of their own.
Our benefits that put people first:
- Unlimited vacation policy with a two week minimum
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity, in addition to standard perks like 401(k) plan
- 100% of health, dental, and vision premiums covered
- $500 annual professional development stipend
- Mentorship program and career ladders
- Flexible work hours and remote options
- Lunch & learn presentations and team events
Our commitment to candidates:
Sometimes self-doubt can be a mental roadblock when applying for a job. But here's the thing-- there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Ticking all the boxes isn't the only thing we look for. At Privy, we're building a company that we love, where our team can grow, and work toward our mission together. So, however you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, always feel encouraged to apply. If Privy excites you and you think you'd be happy to come into work every day doing this job, connect with us.