Customer Success Executive
At Bottomline Technologies, customer centricity is at the heart of our culture. Our number one guiding principle is to “Delight Customers” and we are committed to doing so through every interaction and touchpoint. Maximizing the business value we deliver throughout our customer for life cycle is essential to our customers’ success, their long-term loyalty and to our own growth and success.
As a Customer Success Executive within Banking Solutions, you are responsible for optimizing and enriching the customer experience throughout our customer for life cycle and orchestrating the customer journey through proactive engagement strategies for your assigned portfolio of our most strategic customers.
You will lead our customers to their desired outcomes and demonstrate the significance of the strategic partnership with Bottomline Technologies. Through a consultative approach, you will proactively coordinate, manage and offer our customers relevant insights, trends and thought leadership perspectives. You will present, position and recommend additional products, solutions and services that will maximize business value. You will measure and monitor the adoption and health of our customers throughout our customer for life cycle and customer journey and predict and navigate customer challenges successfully.
You are at the forefront of activities that will continuously drive increased customer delight and are ultimately responsible for the retention and significant growth for your assigned portfolio of our most strategic customers.
- For customers at all levels of the organization, establish and manage the engagement cadence throughout all phases in the customer for life cycle post new customer acquisition, including onboarding, deployment, adoption and value realization, growth and renewal. This will involve many different touchpoints, check-in calls and strategic partnership meetings, largely based on the phase within the customer for life cycle and stage of the customer journey.
- Own, develop and maintain customer journey maps and success plans that focus on our customers’ business goals and objectives and how our products, solutions and services map and align to drive results and desired outcomes.
- At each phase within the customer for life cycle and stage of the customer journey, leverage and enhance the use of data to monitor, analyze and interpret the depth and breadth of customer usage and consumption trends, user adoption and other important customer health indicators and metrics.
- Develop a deep and wide product knowledge and demonstrate competency in our customers’ use cases and the Banking Solutions product portfolio, keeping pace with releases and becoming certified to test drive our products with our customers.
- Serve as an effective customer advocate for future state product direction, bridging the gaps between our customers and product management teams by understanding our customer needs and requirements, quantifying the impact it will have on their business and communicating internally.
- Demonstrate understanding of our product roadmaps, present them to our customers and use as a basis for updating and maintaining customer journey maps. We aspire to be a trusted innovation partner and as such need to exploit the significant product investments and innovations we are making and articulate how those investments and innovations translate into additional business value for our customers. Connect customers with our product management teams and facilitate enrollment in beta programs, as appropriate.
- Contribute to our marketing efforts by documenting and sharing stories about business value attainment and customer delight, including the products and solutions leveraged, their use cases and the financial impacts, such as revenue generated and productivity improvements. Additionally, work with Marketing on targeted messaging, content and campaigns and will contribute to and manage whitepapers, videos, collateral and other material, as requested.
- Develop and cultivate strong customer advocates and healthy relationships that will be leveraged for references for our products, solutions and services and will earn the role of a trusted advisor with our customers, in large part through your consultative approach.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders and partners across sales, marketing, product management, product development, operations, executive leadership and customer success education, implementation and support services. Understand and be able to articulate our education, implementation and support methodologies.
- Build and foster a strong user community and ensure our customers are taking advantage of best practices.
- Update Salesforce in a timely, accurate and complete manner and negotiate opportunities within your assigned portfolio of strategic customers to a successful conclusion on time and as forecasted.
- Defend against any competition to reduce churn risk and work proactively to eliminate that risk altogether.
We are looking for forward thinking, resourceful, talented executive level leaders of customer success with demonstrated results. If you thrive on customer engagement, have a healthy mix of business, functional and digital transformation expertise and are looking to make a significant impact within Banking Solutions, we want to talk with you. Ideally, you will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, with a business or technical focus.
- Demonstrated commercial mindset, with a deep understanding of selling moments and has proven experience in consistent quota achievement.
- Experience using CRM applications for opportunity management.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in customer facing roles within sales, customer success, account management, solution consulting, pre-sales or professional services within an enterprise SaaS company.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience within Banking, Financial Services and/or FinTech industry and a deep understanding of the broader payment ecosystem and competitive landscape relative to the changing role of banking in an open and real-time payments world.
- Proven ability to effectively engage with and navigate across corporate functions and the C Suite.
- Provide regular, recurring communications about the pulse of our customers to key stakeholders, including directly to our CEO on a weekly basis.
- Able to travel, up to 75% of the time.
- Experience with the Challenger Sales Methodology.
- Proven to be detailed-oriented, organized and has solid time management skills.
- Listens well, has exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Always positive, driven to excel and takes initiative.
- Act as a recruiter, always on the lookout for top talent to join us.
About Bottomline Technologies
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Please Note: Bottomline Technologies does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting firms unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.