Customer Operations Data Engineer
We are searching for a data engineer to join the growing Operations Insight Team to help us improve the performance of our robotic warehouse automation system. The data engineering role will help support the analytics team by building out a robust data pipeline and analytics/visualization environment. Our robotics system generates an incredible amount of data, and we need a date engineer to help ensure it is in a useful state. The goal of the data engineer is to optimize the structure, storage medium and interface for the analytics team. The data engineering position would be tied very closely with the analytics team, and may be expected to perform data analytics when needed. As this is still a small team, the data analytics and engineering roles will overlap heavily and resources will be shared between roles.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience setting up databases, working with cloud services and general data analytics. In addition, the candidate will be a self-starter who is constantly searching for new technologies to pilot, and learning about new tools and services. The data engineering and robotics worlds are growing extremely fast, and we are looking for someone who is willing to learn and grow just as quickly.
- Develop a data pipeline to aggregate data from multiple sources into a single repository
- Test new visualization tools
- Maximize performance and minimize storage and processing costs
- Optimize data structures for improved query performance
- Build tools to help manage customer dashboards and data extractions
- Develop dashboards that provide visibility into the operations of current systems
- Build tools for analyzing system data to provide to other less technical teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
- Work experience either in data engineering, development operations or data analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with fluid priorities
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Skilled at answering technical questions in a friendly and encouraging manner
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, or Python
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles