Privy is the #1 reviewed app for sales in the Shopify App Store. 500,000+ small e-commerce brands around the world use Privy, helping them generate $5 billion in sales. Our mission is to provide the tools, education, and support small ecommerce brands need to grow their online stores and build thriving businesses.
Privy is a rapidly growing, successful startup that takes pride in the fact that our employees make a big impact, not just on our business, but on our customers too. We were recently named an Inc. 5000 fastest growing company (#3 in Boston!), and a Built In Boston Best Place to Work. And guess what? We're not slowing down any time soon!
At Privy, we're building a company that we love, and we measure our success by our customers' success. Our culture of transparency and respect empowers our team to love their work life...while also maintaining a fulfilling life of their own. We recognize that our employees work incredibly hard not only to help build Privy, but also to build the businesses of the merchants that we support. That's why we build our team with the brightest and nicest people around, and we take care to ensure every individual feels valued.
Privy is expanding our Customer Success team again! Were looking for a Customer Onboarding Specialist who can join our new Customer Onboarding program and help grow the evolving team.
Were the #1 rated sales platform in the Shopify App Store, used by 500,000+ small ecommerce brands around the world, so youll get to work with a wide range of customers who love working with us! Privy is growing fast, so youll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on a fast-moving startup.
Your job will be to help our small and medium-sized ecommerce customers get off on the right foot by training them on Privys suite of conversion, email, and SMS text tools as well as coaching them on ecommerce best practices and strategies for their brands.
- Build valuable relationships with our merchants.
- Help customers realize value from Privys tools and our resources.
- Positively impact customer love metrics such as retention, customer satisfaction, product adoption, and engagement.
What Youll Do:
- Become a power user of the Privy platform.
- Coach merchants on ecommerce best practices and strategies to help them get the most out of their investment with Privy.
- Facilitate and run group training webinars.
- Exceed program KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Proactively review customer dashboards, address any open issues, and ensure completion of Onboarding Program.
- Identify new opportunities to meet the goals and objectives of the program.
A Typical Day May Include:
- 3-5 onboarding (1 hour) and check-in (30 min) calls with customers.
- Responding to incoming emails from customers in a timely manner.
- Building example campaigns and emails in customer accounts.
- Reaching out proactively to customers to ensure completion of our Onboarding Program.
- Researching, facilitating, and brainstorming ways to evolve the onboarding teams processes.
What Were Looking For
- 1-3 years in a Customer Success, Relationship Management, Account Management, or similar role.
- Hands-on experience working with a high volume of customers via phone and email.
- Working knowledge of the SMB marketing and ecommerce tech ecosystem is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to take customer pain-points or desired outcomes and prescribe suggestions and solutions in real time.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help SMB merchants.
- Highly organized, collaborative, and detail-oriented.
- Curious and willing to try things that may be outside of your core expertise.
- Team player
- Adaptable to change as this is a new team and quickly evolving
- A great problem-solver with good judgement
Why you should join Privy:
We take pride in the fact that our employees make a significant impact not just on our business, but on our customers big and small, ranging from FIGS to Death Wish Coffee, and everyone in between. Our team is made up of all different backgrounds and life experiences, from tech veterans to weekend warriors with small businesses of their own.
Our benefits that put people first:
- Unlimited vacation policy with a two week minimum
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity, in addition to standard perks like 401(k) plan
- 100% of health, dental, and vision premiums covered
- $500 annual professional development stipend
- Mentorship program and career ladders
- Flexible work hours and remote options
- Lunch & learn presentations and team events
Our commitment to candidates:
Sometimes self-doubt can be a mental roadblock when applying for a job. But here's the thing-- there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Ticking all the boxes isn't the only thing we look for. At Privy, we're building a company that we love, where our team can grow, and work toward our mission together. So, however you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, always feel encouraged to apply. If Privy excites you and you think you'd be happy to come into work every day doing this job, connect with us.