SimpliSafe is seeking an experienced marketer and brand builder to join our growing team in Customer Marketing and Loyalty. Our goal is to create an unparalleled customer experience, and were looking for a Manager of Customer Marketing to propel our work forward. This role will help manage all omnichannel customer-facing communications, including digital (email, website, app), phone (contact center, SMS), and new emerging channels. You will develop strategies for increasing customer loyalty and engagement with our brand, helping to maximize customer retention and lifetime value. SimpliSafe also has an exciting roadmap of new products, which you will help launch among our growing subscriber base.
What youll do:
You will play a critical role in our Customer Marketing and Loyalty efforts, and will own initiatives, end to end. This includes:
- Partnering with core team members to define our customer marketing vision and strategy for improving customer loyalty and engagement, informed by customer research insights and estimated business impact
- Translating insights across the customer journey into hypotheses that inform the creation of new marketing tests
- Developing marketing briefs that articulate clearly your marketing objectives, and overseeing creative development with our creative team
- Leveraging customer segmentation insights to personalize communications with our customers based on known needs and pain points
- Partnering cross functionally across Marketing, Product, Operations, Strategy, and Engineering to gain strategic alignment on initiatives and bring to life your creative ideas
- Launching new products to our existing customer base, partnering closely with Marketing on go-to-market strategy and with Finance on inventory forecasting
- Serving as an ambassador of our brand, ensuring our assets are on-brand and in-line with overall brand strategy
- Managing a team to launch, measure, and continually improve our marketing initiatives to our existing customer base
What youll need:
- At least 5 years of experience in marketing across channels and ideally marketing to customers. Previous experience in a subscription-based business is a plus.
- Excitement for uncovering key insights about our customers, and experience translating insights into clear marketing briefs
- A sharp eye for evaluating marketing creative and a passion for testing and optimizing communications
- Passion for data and focus on business KPIs, in order to effectively prioritize projects based on potential business impact
- Strong interpersonal skills, as this role is highly collaborative in nature across the organization
- Excellent communication skills and comfort presenting to large or senior audiences
- Strong organizational skills to support juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- BA/BS degree, Masters degree (or equivalent) a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, You shouldnt have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and were growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!