Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The CarGurus Insights team works to understand customers on both sides of our marketplace - car shoppers and car dealers - inside and out. Focusing on our B2B customers, this role will be a key contributor throughout the product development process, working closely with product managers, UX designers, and product marketers as we define vision for future products, build features, and optimize the customer experience.
The ideal candidate demonstrates strong skills in a wide range of research methods. They are equally comfortable living in both the big picture of a customers journey and the details of a specific interaction. They are resilient and creative when solving research challenges.
You are a strategic thinker and with excellent storytelling skills, the ability to balance opposing asks, and a talent for synthesizing large amounts of both qualitative and quantitative information into digestible, measurable insights. They are also adept at partnering with a large set of cross-functional partners, including senior leaders, to drive projects forward and build a shared understanding of our customers.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of proven experience in customer insights or market research, ideally focusing on B2B customers, with a passion and curiosity about customer behaviors and motivations
- Experience with of a variety of research techniques: moderated and un-moderated user interviews, journey mapping, persona development, usability testing, card sorting, surveys, concept testing, etc.
- Ability to maintain methodological rigor while working quickly and being flexible
- Excellent communication, project management, and collaboration skills
- Preferred experience:
- Insight community management
- Research with challenging audiences (e.g., hard-to-reach or highly opinionated respondents)
- People management & development (note: no current direct reports, but a future possibility)
- Survey software, report-building, CRM tools, and SQL
What You'll Do:
- Understand how car dealerships work and help design & test solutions to meet their evolving needs
- Identify opportunities to bring the voice of the customer into strategic and tactical product decisions
- Coordinate across cross-functional partners to set research priorities and execute studies
- Help define the dealer research process and standard practices; identify appropriate methods to achieve business goals
- Efficiently translate findings into easily digestible insights, at both tactical and strategic levels
- Maintain working knowledge of the competitive landscape and their product features/experience
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.