Customer Care Representative
ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that customers can move ahead with confidence. With nearly 50 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so we can adapt without compromising standards.
Powered by the company’s EXPERT® technology platform, ERT’s solutions enhance trial oversight, enable site optimization, increase patient engagement and measure the efficacy of new clinical treatments while ensuring patient safety. Since 2014, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, biotechs and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 10,000+ studies spanning more than three million patients to date. By identifying trial risks before they become problems, ERT enables customers to bring clinical treatments to patients quickly — and with confidence.
Join us in our Boston office as a Customer Care Representative to provides first-level customer service over the phone in support of clinical trials deployed at hundreds of clinical sites worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform customer support related tasks and special projects as assigned by management
- Learn and provide current technical information, standard procedures and best practices for deploying ERT products and services
- Courteously receive and triage a significant volume of calls as a member of Study Support Center team
- Escalate issues to Tier 2 Support as necessary
- Participate in 24/7 on-call pager rotation
- Maintain database and generate reports from call tracking system
- Work with clinical sites to ensure accessibility to our technology
- Perform and/or verify data changes
- Update and confirm client profile information
- Continually update FAQ documents
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Site re-training as requested
- Attend Investigator Meetings when needed
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Education Minimum: BS, BA or equivalent preferred but not required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience dealing with external customers and providing a service orientation
- Comfortable using computers for day to day operations and be willing and able to quickly learn and use sophisticated computer programs
- Word processing and spreadsheet software experience
- Healthcare, medical or clinical experience preferred
- Strong interest in the application of new technology to the clinical trials process
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, small company environment without administrative support
- Good communication and writing skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.