Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst Data is building a customer enablement offering for the 21st century, focusing on online, self-paced, modular, hands-on activities. As a curriculum developer, you will be the primary driver of new content creation, collaborating closely with the subject matter experts at Starburst. You do not need to be an expert on Trino or Starburst we have plenty of those! What youll bring to the table is your deep expertise in creating educational materials for a variety of audiences and with different degrees of technical depth.
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager for Customer Enablement. As the first curriculum developer joining this effort, you will have lots of opportunities to grow and advance.
- Support subject matter experts across the organization in creating content for customer enablement
- Formulate standards for customer enablement content
- Edit content for consistency, style, and usability
- Format content for use in desired platforms (videos, hands-on exercises, and so on)
- Create enablement content
- Liaise with product and engineering to keep informed about new and changed features
- Monitor help desk tickets and Trino Slack channels for common questions that could be addressed in the enablement curriculum
- Build graded activities for badging and certification
- Assist with operational tasks for customer enablement, as needed
- At least five years of experience with curriculum development for a software company
- Demonstrated ability to write technical curriculum, including hands-on exercises, for a variety of audiences
- Ability to do deep research on topics that are not documented
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Familiarity with SQL and the big data space
- Familiarity with Trino, Presto, or Starburst
- Experience with Camtasia or other video editing software
- Experience with using Git
- Experience with writing hands-on certification exam materials
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.