Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is consistently recognized as the category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyers journey. More than 600 customers, including American Express, Cisco and IBM rely on the worlds most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time.
Supporting and enabling our customers success is at the heart of everything we do at Seismic. Our mission in Customer Education is to support the competence of our learner audiences, drive adoption of our product platform, increase customer satisfaction, and contribute a key revenue stream to our organization.
We are looking for a skilled Curriculum Developer to join our team who will be responsible for creating engaging, innovative, and interactive learning experiences for our internal Implementation Delivery staff and our Service Delivery partners. Education will be centered around three core competency areas: product knowledge, implementation methodology, and consulting soft skills. The ideal candidate has extensive experience using adult learning principles, proven course design and development methodologies, and is highly proficient using course authoring and multimedia design and development tools. This role will support the Customer Education function, will be primarily focused on internal-facing deliverables, and is aligned to the Customer Success organization.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the fastest growing SaaS companies and an award-winning Customer Education organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Effectively lead educational product development through all project phases; planning, design, development, and delivery
- Rapidly design, develop, and publish engaging course content, materials and learning activities for delivery through multiple delivery modalities.
- Use a variety of course authoring tools and multimedia tools, (Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Cloud, Camtasia etc.) to develop a range of educational products that are instructionally sound, visually appealing, and that effectively convey content to learners
- Adhere to appropriate instructional standards to create engaging, interactive, and impactful courses and own responsibility for the learners educational experience
- Create instructional design documents, scripts, exam questions, instructional storyboards, production documents, develop and revise content (as appropriate), and receive and incorporate feedback from peers and subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Manage subject matter experts and stakeholder relationships to clearly understand the business, target audience, and content needs to create first class educational products
What you'll bring to the team:
- 4+ years relevant experience with an enterprise software company (SaaS experience a plus) developing highly technical content
- A./B.S. degree in instructional design, education technology, or comparable degree
- Highly proficient using authoring and design/development tools (Articulate Rise/Storyline, Camtasia, SnagIt, PowerPoint) required
- Experience in agile, rapid development environments requiring a quick turnaround of deliverables
- Strong sense of aesthetics and understanding of UX/UI (Samples of interactive modules required)
- Innovative design approach that is not limited by a particular tool or method
- Experience building eLearning content as SCORM or xAPI compliant modules. Working knowledge of HTML
- Proficient in graphic design, use of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with a proven history of producing high quality work
- Knowledge of relevant course delivery platforms and Learning Management Systems
- Flexible and able to collaborate well with cross-functional teams
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing competing demands simultaneously
- Positive team-focused attitude and work style, excellent interpersonal skills, assertive and effective in engaging people
- Ability to offer creative, time-saving solutions while up against tight deadlines
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,000 employees across the globe, Seismic is backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.