Credit and Collections Analyst
Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
This role will entail contacting our customers by phone and email to secure payment on overdue accounts. The Credit and Collections Analystwill be a self-starter who is confident in their ability to initiate difficult conversations and negotiate favorable outcomes for the company.
CarGurus dealers have various concerns and questions about CarGurus that may need to be resolved before payment is made. For this reason, candidates will need to also wear a customer service hat and be able to listen and respond to dealers and solve their issues within a reasonable amount of time. In this role, candidates must be comfortable conveying issues to the rest of the CarGurus organization. As such, candidates must bring strong analytic and presentation skills and a drive to see problems through to completion.
Who You Are:
- 1-2+years experience within the Collections function or B2B Phone experience in a customer facing role such as Sales or Customer Support
- Experienced Negotiator
- Competence in using integrated software (Salesforce and Zuora)
- Competent Microsoft Office user (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Quick learner and self-starter who can work independently and manage their own time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills
- Accustomed to working with deadlines and performance metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Enjoys taking ownership and resolving problems
- Professional polish
- College degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) or equivalent experience
What You'll Do:
- Make outbound calls and emails to customers to collect payment for overdue bills
- Act as the liaison between sales/customer relation teams and the customers to manage overdue accounts
- Process and post customer payments to open invoices
- Constantly monitor the accounts receivable aging for accuracy and completeness
- Work with varying levels of personnel within internal and customer organizations to resolve any collection issues in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure compliance with internal controls in accordance with policy
- Assist in special projects as required
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.