Office Tour Photos
Toast is looking for a Director to lead our creative team, champion campaigns and ideas, and further our brands tone, look, and feel. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives within a fast-paced environment, is always up for the next creative challenge, and enjoys being collaborative and hands on. You will work to define and own the company brand, partnering across the organization to create brand consistency in the products we bring to market. Above all, you will inspire and by example by developing a world-class creative team, providing clear direction and creative feedback that pushes our work to new heights.
On a personal level, you are entrepreneurial with a mindset of building to scale. You are excited about engaging across the entire company, from C-level to Specialist, to drive business impact. You love both driving a strategic agenda and getting your hands dirty.
What you will do:
- Manage and grow a talented creative team of 6+, providing mentorship to broaden their skills and support their career growth, conducting performance reviews, critiquing work, and recruiting top talent.
- Nurture, develop and own the evolution of our design systems and/or pattern libraries, collaborating cross-functionally to define and implement.
- Ensure all external assets and products are on brand, coherent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice across all digital and print materials.
- Oversee the creation of all online and offline design efforts (e.g. retail packaging, website experience, digital campaigns, print advertising, marketing collateral, content, etc.).
- Collaborate with external agency partners and freelancer network, managing process, work, budgets and personnel.
- Drive continual improvement of creative departments quality, thinking and capabilities.
- Champion and foster innovation by introducing new ideas and inspiration to a large creative team and vendors.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 8+ years of creative experience with a minimum 3 years of managerial experience in a design or creative department. Design or brand agency experience a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your creative decisions to executive management.
- Experience designing and directing the development of large-scale brand identity programs, brand creative assets and experiences for world-class global brands, and large, integrated cross-channel campaigns a must.
- Able to seamlessly move across conversations at all levels of the organization, from field marketing to the C-Suite.
- Strong industry knowledge and connections at both agencies and production houses.
- BFA/BA degree with an emphasis in Art, Graphic Design, HCI, etc.
More Jobs From