Boston-based company Piaggio Fast Forward Inc. (PFF) was founded in 2015 by the Piaggio Group (the Italian manufacturer that created the iconic Vespa scooter). We are on a mission to build technology products that move the way that people move. In order to bring products to market today, PFF is solving the problem of robotic interaction with people in dynamically changing environments. Were innovators, neighbors and creators with a passion for local living and pushing the limits on urban transportation. We support a sustainable mobility ecology with healthy lifestyles and social connectivity available to all, regardless of age or abilities.
The Design Lead establishes and elevates brand standards of premium design and innovation in the marketplace. You will be working hand in hand with a teams of experts in different fields including engineers, researchers, marketers, programmers, manufacturing, and supply chain. You will work under the direction of our CEO and former CCO and will be reviewed by other directors from other functions. You are expected to participate and present the work in informal and formal reviews and be a champion within the company for innovation, beauty and intuitive use. In addition to individual project work, you will be seen as a team leader and mentor for other designers.
Core responsibilities include:
- Drive a consistent look and feel of the brand across all physical and digital consumer touchpoints.
- Elevate the premium design quality of PFFs attitude and process as a robotics company.
- Lead and guide the creative team of industrial, graphic, app, and web designers.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to ensure that all products and features are designed to be simple, intuitive, and valuable to our customers, whether they are consumers or businesses.
- Work closely with the mechanical, electrical, perception, smart behaviors, and web development teams to ensure solutions are designed for manufacture and implementation.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create graphic and motion graphic collateral for campaigns.
Specific skills and duties include but are not limited to:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with superior presentation, negotiation and organizational skills required.
- Ability to translate consumer knowledge and insights into product solutions and narratives.
- Leadership skills to lead talented designers to follow-through on plans and goals set forward.
- Project management skills to plan and monitor project work and deliver on time.
- Must be able to generate a broad range of concepts and solutions for each project.
- Written, visual and verbal communication skills to frame strategic options and create a clear path forward.
- Knowledge of form, color, materials, and human factors, related to elevating the consumer experience.
- Impeccable taste and awareness of emerging trends in art, design, film, fashion, media, and technology
- Team player and selfless leader with positive attitude and energy.
- Open minded, collaborative, good listener, who is receptive to other points of view.
- Bachelors degree in industrial design or related field
- 5-8yrs experience in the design team for premium brands reliant on design quality
- Minimum of 3 years in a managerial or supervisory role of a creative team
- Product based design experience
- Previous experience working closely with marketing teams
Commitment to Diversity
We strive to create a workforce that embraces every culture, language, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, background and experience. PFF has multiple DEI programs in place for our employees; including a mentorship program, regular pay equity audits, DEI training, and a standardized interviewing framework that is focused on "culture add". These programs support an equitable and inclusive workplace, that promote the growth, retention, and recruiting of women and BIPOC in the workplace.
Note: Even if you dont meet all of the requirements listed we encourage you to apply. Think of it more as looking for some of the items listed, not all.