WHO WE ARE
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $500M in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. Were sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 11 cities and 3 continents. Thrasio develops and sells over 6,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories, putting the company in the top 25 Amazon sellers. At Thrasio, were reimagining, innovating, and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way ecommerce is done. If this sounds exciting to you, lets talk.
As Counsel, Marketing, you will primarily support our marketing and creative teams by reviewing ads and other marketing materials in multiple media, from digital to SEO to social media and print. You will also draft and negotiate agreements for marketing-related activities.
You will work collaboratively with our marketing teams in support of initiatives and campaigns to help the business reach its goals, as well as with compliance and other functions to ensure compliance with advertising and marketing laws, regulations, marketplace terms of service and best practices. You will be responsible for both US initiatives and campaigns but also, working with external counsel and other service providers, our international marketing activities.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about ecommerce, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Proactively research, advise on and ensure compliance with advertising & marketing laws and regulations, and marketplace (e.g., Amazon) terms of service - but in the US and internationally
- Advise on state and federal telemarketing laws and help structure lawful inbound and outbound campaigns, as well as any international equivalents
- Conduct legal review of consumer-facing materials in multiple mediums platforms, including: our corporate and branded websites, such as direct mailAmazon listings, digital ads, SEO content, DRTV and social media
- Draft and negotiate agreements for marketing-related activities
- Assist in the acquisitions and the integration of newly acquired entities with a focus on reviewing and bringing the marketing into compliance
- Review and advise on consumer complaints regarding marketing
- Work with outside counsel to help clear, file and maintain trademarks
- Create, implement and maintain guidelines for and train colleagues on marketing law issues
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the company for advertising/marketing law issues, and stay up-to-date on marketing-related legal issues
- Engage and negotiate celebrity and/or endorsers and similar agreements and work with counterpartys for related marketing material approvals
- Engage and collaborative with the compliance team on FDA, EPA, FCC and other US and international regulatory requirements applicable to marketing & promotions
- Ability to be a strategic partner and trusted advisor, finding practical solutions to business challenges.
- Continually exercise sound judgment and be able to work efficiently, sometimes under time pressure, in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Conduct research on advertising and marketing laws and regulations, cases and regulator settlements.
- Assist in the acquisitions and the integration of newly acquired entities with a focus on reviewing and bringing the marketing into compliance.
What you bring to the party
- J. D. from an accredited US law school in the US and membership in at least one state bar, preferably Massachusetts or New York
- Minimum 7+ years experience as marketing attorney with a nationally or internationally recognized law firm and, preferably, some in-house experience
- Experience and exposure to a wide variety of marketing and talent-related matters across multiple jurisdictions including, preferably, internationally
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze complex situations with a high degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to work independently and/or within a collaborative team structure
- Highly organized with critical attention to details, along with good time and priority task management and excellent project management
- Strong functional use of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.