About the position...
This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with the leadership of one of the fastest growing agriculture & biotech companies (over $140 million in funding to date) as a member of Inaris Corporate Development team. Inaris Head of Corporate Development is in the process of building up this small, newly formed team. The Corporate Development team works directly with Inaris senior leadership team on a variety of strategic topics that range from business development, fundraising and business planning to competitive intelligence and more.
- Work on a range of strategic topics for the company
- Independently prepare analyses and present your results to senior stakeholders within the firm
- Build models to support your analyses and prepare presentation decks
- Work on the Companys business plan and other financial models
- Get direct exposure to Inaris top management (Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Chief Scientific Officer, etc.) on a daily basis
- Learn what it takes to build and run a ag-biotech startup from a team of industry leaders
- Experience a rapidly evolving, purpose driven, and high growth startup environment, with an opportunity for meaningful impact
- 2-3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking or similar
- Experience in strategic and business analysis, financial modelling
- A strong interest in improving agriculture and the environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills - written, visual (i.e. presentations) and oral
- Substantial experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel) and/or GSuite (Slides, Sheets)
- Curiosity and a desire to continuously learn and have a meaningful impact
- A willingness to travel both within and outside of the United States
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks
- A collaborative approach, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
Inari Agriculture, Inc. is an early stage, high growth company working to create a new agriculture system for a changing planet. Were taking a revolutionary approach to transform plant breeding and contribute to a transparent agriculture system that is climate resilient and respectful of the environment, promotes nutrition and health, empowers all farmers, and can continue to feed the growing global population. Inari strives to become one of the leading, most innovative and most profitable agriculture companies and disrupt the seed industry. To solve these hard problems for world changing impact, were fearless in asking the questions no one else is, and determined to find the answers no one has yet.
Our success depends on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas & deliver exceptional outcomes...
Started in 2016 in Cambridge, MA, we have over 130 employees, and have expanded our research and commercial development capabilities with new facilities and teams in West Lafayette, IN and Ghent, Belgium. Our interdisciplinary team brings deep expertise in biology, genomics, agronomics, software engineering and data science. Our Cambridge, Massachusetts and Belgium research teams are supported by more than 40 leading scientific advisors from around the globe. Inaris management team, board of directors, and scientific board members have an unprecedented combination of deep industry knowledge, an entrepreneurial mindset and a proven track record in business building. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with highly experienced business and scientific leaders in agriculture and biotech. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world without starving the planet wed love to hear from you.
More Jobs From