We are seeking a talented, highly motivated, team player to serve at the Corporate Counsel level supporting the business operations for Validity. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Validity was formed to bring confidence to customers who rely on data every day to run their business. As a global industry leader in data quality, our role is to ensure our customers have the tools they need to tackle the complexities of data administration and regain certainty with the integrity of their data assets.
Our Trust Platform is comprised of software services and solutions that help customers know where they stand with their data and enable an ongoing assessment and tool set to correct data issues. For over a decade, tens of thousands of administrators in over 20 countries across the world have trusted our products to regain integrity with their CRM data.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and negotiate customer sales contracts that meet the companys requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team, including various executives.
- Collaborate with finance, sales operations, product operations, support, security and other business units at all levels throughout the organization to ensure that agreements adequately protect the companys interests.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement and legal processes.
- Be a trusted business partner, responding in a timely and productive manner to requests from internal customers.
- Counsel internal customers regarding company policies, legal issues, and risk tolerance.
Experience / Skills
- Undergraduate degree and law degree from a highly-regarded school
- Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar
- At least 7 years relevant experience at a major law firm and in-house, including negotiating technology agreements
- In-house commercial contracting experience dealing with SaaS or software licensing transactions and supporting a sales organization
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations
- Experience in additional areas like employment, privacy, security, compliance, M&A, insurance and international preferred
- Exceptional critical thinking abilities, possesses strong business acumen and excellent judgment; must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to distill complex issues clearly and communicate well both one-on-one and in groups, and in internal and external contexts
- Desire for close collaboration with sales and sales support to close deals efficiently, with a practical approach
- Proficient drafting and legal technical skills, with keen attention to detail
- Firm understanding of revenue recognition principles
More Jobs From