Klaviyo is seeking a Corporate Counsel to join our growing legal team and to help support the company's continued, fast-paced growth and expansion. Your primary responsibilities will be to manage a large volume of inbound and outbound contracts and work with the Klaviyo business teams to guide contracts through review, negotiation, and signing. Additionally, you will assist in supporting a variety of other legal matters, including employment, intellectual property, data privacy and compliance, as needed. The role calls for an independent thinker with strong communication, negotiation and analytical skills, the ability to resolve complex issues in an effective and solution-oriented manner, and the ability to manage multiple projects and transactions at the same time. The position will report to the General Counsel.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Structure, review, negotiate and advise on a variety of commercial agreements including master services agreements, data processing agreements, service orders, non-disclosure agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Partner closely with the sales team on customer deals.
- Assist in building and improving form agreements and contracts processes.
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are accurately reflected in agreements.
- Assist in developing, implementing and enhancing corporate policies and processes for compliance.
- Assist in handling other various corporate and legal matters, including privacy, IP and employment, as needed.
- Handle other special projects as assigned
Who You Are
- Juris Doctor - Graduation from A.B.A. accredited law school
- Active membership in at least one State Bar
- Minimum 3+ year(s) experience in negotiating complex technology agreements with a cloud or software company, or in a top-tier law firm.
- Experience supporting employment and privacy matters is a plus
- Ambitious self-starter willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented with a sense of humor.
- A practical, business-oriented approach and excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex legal concepts into simple, actionable recommendations
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity and willingness to grow.
- Located within the Boston, MA area or San Francisco Bay area
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The companys hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.