Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our Legal team. Your job will be to provide ongoing commercial legal advice and support to the sales, product, marketing, account management and business development teams. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are a self-motivated, measured and business-minded transactional attorney with at least two years of experience. You are comfortable raising difficult issues to make sure theyre addressed, and you are a clear and concise communicator.
The Team: Our Legal team is a group of 20 proactive professionals who work hand-in-hand with different business units within athena. In their interactions with these groups, they strive to be part of the thought process early on, rather than the say no process further down the line.
- Reviewing, drafting (from forms and from scratch), negotiating and closing commercial contracts, including sales, channels and vendor contracts, RFP responses and supporting documents
- Working closely with management and business partners on a variety of agreements and issues impacting a rapidly growing healthcare IT company
- Support transactional work, as needed (e.g., M&A and strategic investments)
- Assist in advising on corporate governance and general corporate law matters
- Conducting legal trainings for business stakeholders on a variety of commercial legal issues
- Assisting with other general legal matters to be assigned as company needs warrant
- J.D. from a well-recognized law school; and excellent academic credentials
- Admitted to the Massachusetts state bar or another U.S. state bar.
- 2-5 years business contract and corporate transactional experience; prior in-house or large law firm experience a plus
- Regulatory, especially health industry or FDA, experience preferred
- Superior verbal and written communication skills (including contract drafting)
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability and willingness to spend the time necessary to meet demanding deadlines and adjust to shifting priorities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, with both business acumen and legal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to flourish in a fast-paced and high stress environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate concisely to clients & employees, to integrate legal and business knowledge and to provide balanced advice regarding risks.
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From