Motus is looking for a Corporate Controller to drive the development and deployment of rigorous and standardized processes (systems, reporting, etc.) and to enhance the quality of financial information used by key stakeholders for strategic decision making. This team member will oversee the accounting team and serve as a trusted advisor to the CFO on all technical reporting and operational accounting issues as the company experiences rapid organic (sales-driven) and inorganic (strategic M&A) growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain focus on internal controls over financial reporting, continuous improvement of accounting policies and procedures, standardization of accounting practices, and compliance with US GAAP as well as local statutory requirements.
- Lead the close and consolidation processes including close coordination with FP&A.
- Prepare all materials for the Audit Committee
- Direct the preparation of the internal consolidated financial statements, including reporting for the Board of Directors
- Assist and manage external audit, quarterly reviews, etc. and interface with auditors on all requests.
- Partner closely with all department managers to support their needs for transaction accounting, reporting and analysis.
- Oversee the preparation and issuance of technical accounting papers and company position papers.
- Evaluate, develop, and oversee policies and procedures consistent with the Companys financial objectives to support long-term growth strategies, cost effectiveness, and compliance enforcement.
- Communicate and enforce company-wide financial reporting policies, procedures and controls.
- Take a leadership role in the Companys upgrade projects for critical systems and processes. Implement changes and develop new suggestions for improving cross functional operating processes.
- Develop, establish, and maintain an effective organizational structure and staffing plan to meet internal needs and company goals.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline; CPA required
- 10+ years of accounting experience in a technology/software business required
- Experience driving accounting processes, reporting, and systems in support of M&A strategy for a Private Equity-owned, $100 million + Software-as-a-Service firm preferred
- Demonstrated success collaborating with stakeholders in Finance, Legal, Services and Sales and an ability to continuously improve processes and develop efficiencies.
- Experience in developing and improving financial systems which produce useful operating metrics.
- Advanced quantitative skills with a passion for using data to drive better decision-making
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams
- Excellent presentation and communication with C-level executives
- Hands-on approach with attention to detail, organization, reliability and a get it done attitude