Yaymaker, from the creators of Paint Nite, hosts locally crafted events in 1,500 cities all over North America. By partnering with thousands of like-minded entrepreneurs and artists, Yaymaker gets people up, out & making at bars & restaurants in their neighborhood. Our one-of-a-kind experiences include the Original Paint Nite, Plant Nite, Design-A Sign, Flower Workshop, and Candle Maker, with more on the way. Give your week something to shout about!
Reports to: Art Director
- An agile, versatile copywriter with broad experience in brand and direct marketing for web, ecommerce, mobile, and offline channels.
- A collaborative team player, eager to work in teams or individually
- Results oriented & curious, focused on delivering work that propels the brand and business forward
- Develop & evolve the Yaymaker brand voice to connect our brand promise with our consumers
- Partner with the Art Director and marketing team to concept and execute seasonal initiatives and campaigns
- Understand marketing strategies and implementation in order to deliver high impact campaigns.
- Service internal teams and their needs for copy, including executive team, marketing, product, and partner operations
- Write copy with SEO top of mind and optimize our web pages for maximum visibility
- Test copy and concepts, gather results and data and iterate as necessary to optimize campaigns, ensuring KPIs are met.
- Produce and/or edit blog posts to ensure consistency of tone and SEO optimization.
- Self manage production schedules & deadlines to deliver work on budget & on time.
- 5+ years of copywriting experience.
- Ecommerce, email, and direct response experience.
- Experience managing and collaborating with many internal customers and their varied needs.
- Ability to juggle a multitude of projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high-quality work, all with an attitude toward camaraderie and solutions.
- Adaptable to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and ownership.
- Strong work ethic and positive can-do attitude.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team thats pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!