Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We're looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark is seeking an innovative wordsmith, who loves working across messaging mediums, to join our growth marketing team. If you love crafting copy for campaigns, digital experiences, and researching/writing about cutting-edge genetics, this is the role for you. Were looking for someone with deep experience writing short- and long-form content for a direct to consumer brand with a technical spin.
This role is a key contributor to building the Embark voice and personality across the entire customer experience. Your work will fuel many forms of communications including press releases, video scripts, emails, digital ads, articles, and much more. Youre a master of taking complex scientific concepts and making them easy and delightful to consume. If youre curious, meticulous, and love dog puns as much as AP style, apply today.
- Concept, create, and edit original copy including articles infusing SEO keywords, well researched science content, ads, digital experiences, scripts, presentations, landing pages, infographics, and more.
- Identify key messages & storiesunderstand the audience and key messages of the piece and articulate the message powerfully.
- Edit content to ensure grammatical accuracy, AP style, message clarity, and a consistent voice throughout all content.
- Understand and translate Embarks brand and style guidelines.Conduct research, analyze trends to formulate ideas,support writing, and turn data into digestible content.
- Participates in and contributes to new campaigns activities as assigned (i.e. brainstorm sessions, concepting big ideas etc.)
- Execute against editorial calendar to meet aggressive deadlines.
- BA/BS Degree in copywriting, journalism, or relevant field.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a professional writer preferably in a technical or scientific field writing for consumer audiences.
- Expert in AP style.
- Exceptional ability to take complex technical or scientific content and make it understandable to a lay person.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data in content.
- General understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices required.
- Strong experience on large cross-channel and/or direct-marketing initiatives across mediums.
- Strong copywriting and storytelling foundation ability to conceive and execute fresh ideas, headlines, and compelling stories that delight your audience.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts and support reporting, tracking, and follow up
- Ability to use WordPress preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a sense of humor.
- Must love dogs.
Must submit a portfolio of writing experience showing work across multiple mediums.
This is a full-time position. Our offices are in Boston, MA. Our team is currently remote through COVID and will be back in the office when it is safe to do so. Title and compensation will reflect level of experience and expected contribution.
What We Offer
- Work from home until summer 2021 with option for 1-day/week work-from-home after that
- Dog-friendly office
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid parental leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.