Office Tour Photos
Starry is a rapidly growing wireless internet service provider located in the heart of Boston's Downtown Crossing. Our proprietary mmWave delivery system is designed and engineered here in our Boston HQ and our ultra-fast 200 Mpbs wireless internet service is available in Boston, LA, DC, NYC, Denver and more to come. At Starry, you will have hands on experience in the fields of RF engineering, hardware architecture, system software, firmware, UX, UI, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. You won't be an admin that fetches coffee at our company! We offer onsite bicycle storage, an onsite gym, complimentary cold brew coffee, complimentary breakfast on Mondays, and more. We can't wait to show you what we've been working on!
About the Radio Frequency Systems Engineering Group (RFSE):
The RF Systems Engineering team plays a key role in the design and development of Starrys technology.
- Product design review and requirements: The team is essential in evaluating system features and working with all teams to translate them into high level specifications. Group members help derive module-level specifications required to achieve high level system performance.
- Module level integration, calibration and optimization: Engineers on the CPD team will take early modules from the Mechanical, RF and Firmware teams and integrate them into functional prototypes for determining initial performance and developing optimization algorithms.
- Transition engineering units from manufacturing to deployment: The team works closely with program management and shepherds new products from system lab experiments to field tests and active deployments to ensure successful product releases.
Position Overview: This position is primarily focused on hardware and RF. The candidate will contribute to the development and operation of automated verification systems testing Starry communications equipment. The candidate will also likely perform component and subsystem testing, including documentation of results.
- Requirements: Knowledge of communications and RF, Embedded Systems, Python, Electronics, Test Equipment
- Nice to have: Automation, Linux, Networking, and Bash.
We've got you covered!
Our Spring 2021 Engineering Coop program lasts from January 4 to June 25, 2021 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, coops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. Our Boston office has a few perks including catered breakfast every Monday, drinks and snacks on hand, free onsite gym, and secure bike storage. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US over to apply!
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
More Jobs From